This recipe is posted as a courtesy to those following a variety of low-carb and ketogenic diets (not necessarily Meal Plans designed by me). This recipe may or may not be appropriate for you.
What would Thanksgiving be without pumpkin pie? This recipe is so delicious that you don’t really need the crust, but if you insist my flaky all-butter crust posted here would be just perfect!
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie – makes 2 pies or a 9 x 14″ custard
796 ml / 29 oz can pure pumpkin
6 oz Swerve® granulated sweetener
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/2 tsp ginger, ground
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, not whipped
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Beat eggs in bowl of stand mixer or by hand
- Add pumpkin, sweetener, spices and salt, mix well
- Blend in cream, mix until uniform in colour
- Pour into pre-baked pie crusts (recipe here) or into a lightly butter-greased 9″ x 14″ stainless steel baking pan
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 F, then lower heat to 350 F and continue baking 55 minutes (or until set and a toothpick comes out clean)
- Allow to cook well before serving. Can add a dollop of fresh, homemade whipped cream (unsweetened, or sweetened with Swerve®)
Macros per slice (crustless)
Energy: 147 kcals
Protein: 4.7 g
Net Carbs: 3.2 g
Fat: 12 g
If you would like to know how I can help you follow a low-carb or ketogenic lifestyle, please send me a note using the ”Contact Me” form above.
I provide both in-person services as well as appointments via Distance Consultation (telephone / Skype) so feel free to let me know if I can help.
To your good health!
You can follow me at:
Copyright ©2018 The LCHF-Dietitian (a division of BetterByDesign Nutrition Ltd.)
LEGAL NOTICE: The contents of this blog, including text, images and cited statistics as well as all other material contained here (the ”content”) are for information purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, medical diagnosis and/or treatment and is not suitable for self-administration without the knowledge of your physician and regular monitoring by your physician. Do not disregard medical advice and always consult your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or before implementing anything you have read or heard in our content